The Mohammed VI School of Training in Building and Public Works (MSTBPW) was built under the Royal guidelines, with the aim of supporting the structuring projects, and improving youth's qualifications, which will allow them to actively participate in the achievement of large-scale projects in Morocco. It also reflects the desire of the OFPPT and the National Federation of Building and Public Works (FNBTP), to have a reference centre for vocational training in the construction sector.
Being the first of its kind in Morocco and Africa, the MSTBPW was inaugurated by His Majesty King Mohammed VI on 27 January 2016, in the Mzamza Al Janoubia municipality. It is a real School-field that aims to train the workers and ensure they have the skills they need in order to contribute to the development of the construction sector, thanks to its high-end equipment and highly qualified trainers.
Designed to to meet the training requirements in 21 fields related to the construction and maintenance of heavy and industrial machinery, the MSTBPW involved an investment of nearly 312.5 million Dhs. Being built on an area of 84 hectares, it provides a global offer of more than 2000 training seats.
The School entrance 2018-2019 welcomed near 1100 interns, including 100 interns who came from Sub-Saharn Africa. The total hosting capacity being 2000 interns.
In order to properly fulffil its missions, the school has quite sophisticated installations and high-end equipment:
- A fleet machinery for practicing and driving equipment of more than 50 heavy equipment, inclusing 4 graders, 5 bulldozers,15 hydraulic excavators of different shapes, 10 chargers, 2 finishers for bituminous materials, and various other equipment (roller, heavy equipment transporters, etc.)
- More than 4600 m2 of workshops is dedicated to training programs in the field of formwork and iron framework, masonry, and equipment maintenance. These workshops are equiped with the necessary tools and material for a practical learning, enabling professional integration. The workshop hase more than 10 speed boxes, 20 diesel engines, 10 didactical equipment including different type and generations of hardware
- Equiped testing laboratories
- A wide range of topographic material of all types of devices, that can be found in a construction site
- An amphitheatre of 500 places dedicated to organising seminars and conferences for the training needs. This facility allow the school to have a crucial role in the sector development
- A hosting capacity of 440 places in the boarding school, and a restaurant of 500 places
Thanks to its a public-private partnership with the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training, ONUDI, USAID, the OCP Foundation and the Volvo Group, the MSTBPW houses a "Large Commercial Vehicles and Equipment Academy (HECVA)".